Customer Fulfilment and Warehouse Logistics Associate
Would you like to work for a dynamic, fast growing, young Scottish home comforts brand? We’re seeking a full-time, enthusiastic and personable individual to join our expanding team. While experience of this type of role is very desirable, full training will be provided - so if you think you’ll be a good fit for our team, please do apply!
- Start Date - ASAP
- Salary - £20,800
- Hours - 40 hours p/w Mon-Fri. Core hours 9-5, although a shift system for peak periods is under consideration
- Benefits - 20 days + 9 statutory holidays per year; optional pension scheme; generous staff discount.
- Other - free on-site parking & close public transport links
Your role will include:
Order Fulfilment / Customer Service
- Processing customers’ orders using internal and external IT systems;
- Packaging customers’ orders, inc. gift wrapping;
- Responding to customer enquiries & communications;
- Processing returns and exchanges;
- Liaising with shipping providers.
Warehouse Organisation & logistics
- Inventory control & management of incoming product stock and packaging supplies;
- Managing the organisation and smooth running of the warehouse on an evolving basis as we scale up our product ranges;
- Ensuring that the warehouse and packing areas are kept clean, well organised and safe to work in.
Fulfilment Logistics & Organisation
- Working closely with the rest of the team to continuously improve and evolve our fulfilment process organisation and logistics as we scale up our business.
- Assisting in training and supervision of temporary/part-time customer fulfilment staff;
- Ensuring that Health & Safety at Work and Fire Safety practices are up to date and adhered to according to current legislation;
- Taking joint responsibility with colleagues for ensuring Covid-safe practices are adhered to.
- You will be an essential member of a small, supportive and friendly team, so reliability, dependability, ability to multi-task and considerate teamworking are essential;
- You will have a positive and proactive attitude;
- You will be diligent, take pride in your work and pay attention to detail at all times, so that our customers’ experience of shopping with us consistently exceeds their expectations;
- You will be capable of working accurately and efficiently at speed and under pressure – this role is extremely busy and physically demanding, particularly at peak times;
- You will be flexible and willing to work additional (paid) overtime during peak periods as required;
- You will have excellent IT skills;
- You will have excellent communication skills, and (preferably) experience in dealing with customers;
- Some warehouse/customer fulfilment experience would be beneficial; however, full training will be provided;
- You must be able to work with sheepskin and wool products.
Ciora is a family-owned Scottish e-commerce business, established in 2015 and based in Glasgow. Our customers love our hand-made, modern-styled sheepskin slippers and accessories, our decorative and medical British & Scandinavian sheepskins/throws, and our award-winning sheepskin hot water bottles.
Our customers respond to the quality of our products, the methods used to produce them, our attitude to sustainability and promoting the benefits of natural fibres, and our exceptional and personal customer care. We have always set a very high bar in terms of the quality and provenance of items we're prepared to sell, and have sought to always give the level of customer service and support we'd like to receive ourselves. We have built up a very strong repeat customer base, and this year doubled the size of our premises to accommodate our growing business.
We're passionate about the many incredible qualities of wool, and are excited to be building a complementary range of products made from other natural, sustainable fibres and materials, so that we can offer even more home comfort and wellbeing to our customers.
While our work is fast-paced and very demanding at times, we nevertheless enjoy working in a relaxed and informal environment.
The role we’re offering is a full-time, permanent post, and the opportunity exists in our growing business to develop this into a more senior supervisory / management role.
How to Apply
Please submit a covering letter and CV by email to email@example.com, using ‘Job Application’ in the subject line. All applications should provide reference details (referees will not be contacted without applicants’ permission).
Closing Date: Monday 13th September, 9.00am.